June 26, 2012
If you’re a startup looking to rapidly grow your knowledge, size and funds then you may want to consider Oxygen Accelerator. It seems Oxygen has overhauled their program and funding for this year’s program and it now includes:
- A 13-week acceleration phase remains the same as last year but will run Oct – Jan (breaking for Christmas).
- A further 13-week incubation programme which starts straight after the 13-week accelerator (total 26 weeks)
- The investment amount has increased from €6,000 to €7,500 per founder, maximum of 3 founders per team
- They offer up to €6000 as a re-location allowance to help startups move to Birmingham, UK
- An additional €12,500 of investment is available for the incubation phase for a further 2% of equity
- The total potential investment for the whole 26 weeks is €41,000 for 10% equity.
- €100,000 worth of free services is also available to teams from companies like rackspace, paypal & uservoice.
- Office space for the full 26 weeks is included
This programme looks different to a lot of others because:
- The initial accelerator followed by an incubation programme means startups will finish the programme and continue to have support from Oxygen during any further investment offers made following demo day
- The relocation fee makes it easier for teams to move to the UK to participate making it easier to join the accelerator
Applications for this year’s programme close on 31st July 2012 and the programme commences on 1st October 2012. Adil and Ian from Launch48 will be mentoring at Oxygen Accelerator again this year.
For more information visit http://oxygenaccelerator.com