September 25, 2011
Calling all Aussies, the next Launch48 Australia event has been announced.
After the success of Launch48 Melbourne earlier this year and the level of interest in a Sydney event, Grant, Daniel, and Tim have organised their second event.
When Fri Oct 28 (from 6 pm) to Sun Oct 30 (to 9 pm) – The same dates as Launch48 London.
Where Atlassian, 173-185 Sussex Street, Sydney (map)
How Get tickets here
CEME Innovation Centre, to the west of London in a fantastic new building, is offering 11 prizes to promising new startups. If you send them your business plan you could win the major prize of:
- Meeting or conference room at the CEME Conference Centre, a great venue for a product launch or promotional event – I’ve seen it and it really is awesome.
- Office or workshop space at CEME Innovation Centre for one year
- Support developing a marketing strategy and plan
- A business mentor and a tailored package of workshops
- Meeting with an Angel Investor Manager
- HR Support
10 runners up will receive:
- A half days meeting or conference room at CEME Innovation Centre
- A year’s free Virtual Office service at CEME Innovation Centre
- A tailored package of workshops
All you have to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org your business plan. For more information see http://www.launchpadceme.co.uk/
September 17, 2011
Are you new to pitching? Do you want to quickly learn what works and doesn’t?
Techpitch 4.5 is coming up on the 5th of October with keynote speaker Steve O’Hear who founded Beepl and writed for TechCrunch Europe and other blogs.
They will also have a number of startups pitching whose pitches will be reviewed by a panel including:
- Danvers Baillieu, Bootlaw and Pinsent and Masons
- Harry Briggs, Balderton Capital
- Robert Higginson, Par Equity
- Femi Adesina, Girlygeekdom + creative technologist
- Liz Wilson, Albion
- Steve O’Hear, beepl
Tickets are available now for just over £20.00 when you enter ‘LAUNCH48′ as the discount code on www.4pt5.co.uk
September 9, 2011
Launch48 has partnered with Viadeo to help host their first Viadeo Hackday. The event is being held at Innovation Warehouse near Farringdon Tube from 6:30 pm on Friday 30th September until 7.30pm on Saturday October 1st.
It is a FREE event with Viadeo supplying plenty of food and drink to keep all attendees hacking for a full 24 hours. The event is intended for developers, designers, and startups to learn about Viadeo’s APIs and hack either a new app together or integrate their technology into an existing app.
You should come if you love APIs, want to meet other devs and designers and enjoy free pizza and beer! Participants will also get the opportunity to win great prizes including an all-expenses paid trip to Le Web in Paris.
Register at http://dev.viadeo.com/londonhackday