June 26, 2010
Applications for Seedcamp, the pan-european seed fund will be closing on June 30th, less than a week from today. Here is some info about this from our friends at Seedcamp.
Applications for Seedcamp close on 30th June!
Seedcamp is a micro seed fund which invests in startup internet companies and also provides mentoring from a top tier selection of company builders. Applications for Mini Seedcamp London close on 30th June and are the last chance to apply for Seedcamp funding this year. For more details and to apply check out http://seedcamp.com/pages/london10
Also for folk who are looking to form a company but not quite there yet we are running Founder Dating, which is an awesome opportunity for startup founders (business and technical) to meet.
Finding a cofounder is tough. But at Seedcamp and Techhub we believe that all it takes is to bring together some of the smartest technical and business minds in the world, and help them form fantastic companies.
At Founder Dating we will select 20 of the best founders and combined with a bit of matchmaking, enable cofounders to meet and beautiful startups to form.
The event will take place on 12th July at TechHub. If selected, attendance costs just £10 covering drinks and snacks for the event. Apply here and we’ll be in touch.
June 18, 2010
I spoke with Kevin today from IBM about an exiting new global entrepreneurial programme IBM has put in place called SmartCamp. In Kevin’s words:
Launch48 is an IBM Global Entrepreneur ecosystem partner. As part of its Smarter Planet vision, IBM is looking to collaborate with entrepreneurs to solve enterprise clients’ biggest challenges. IBM Global Entrepreneur opens new doors and resources to early stage technology startups looking to bring the next big idea to market.
What can you get from participating in IBM Global Entrepreneur?
- No charge access to IBM’s software portfolio on-site or through the cloud to accelerate software development
- Unlimited technical support from IBM Project Resource Managers to assist in product development
- Mentoring and networking through IBM SmartCamp events and IBM Innovation Centres
- Access to IBM industry insights and education to better understand the enterprise customer
- Visibility as part of the IBM Smarter Planet agenda to set yourself apart from the competition
- Access to a new social networking community on IBM developerWorks to connect with more than eight million IT professionals around the world.
We encourage you to learn more and register for IBM Global Entrepreneur at www.ibm.com/isv/startup
The London event is being held on the 21st of July 2010. I hope some Launch48 participants find this information is helpful and please let us know if you are one of the winners!