December 9, 2009
There are 3 immediate ways you can help Launch48, they are:
Register your interest for future Launch48 events on the right of this web site.
Complete our survey if you attended the October Launch48 London event and make sure your feedback is included in future events. Launch48 London Attendee Survey.
Offer your assistance by emailing Launch48 via the contact form and tell us who you are and what you would like to help with.
A programme called “Antreprenor” on MoneyTV in Romania published this interview with attendees at Launch48 Romania. For those who understand Romanian, please let the English speaking readers know what they are talking about in the comments on this post.
For those who speak English, this includes shots from the Romanian event so you can see what it was like.
Last night’s event was great. In case you want to find out what went on, the video is now available on ustream for watching on demand.
We have also setup a channel for all Launch48 videos at http://www.youtube.com/Launch48. If I missed any please contact us.
Thanks to everyone who attended the Launch48 follow up event. The attendees I spoke with enjoyed themselves and the ustream broadcast was watched by a number of people.
I really enjoyed the commercial structure question, the twitter feed, and the effort all the teams went to. The promotional videos and demos were fantastic.
A big thanks go to Google who hosted the event. The grass-coloured carpet, pizza, and beers meant no one wanted to leave!
If you want to help Launch48, don’t forget to email us via the contact us page with what you want to help with. We will be contacting all interested parties in 2010.
December 8, 2009
Ustream is now online. The presentations will start about 7:30 pm GMT.
If you want to chat with other people who are watching, please visit the Ustream web site at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/launch48-follow-up-event-december-2009.
Free video chat by Ustream
Dan Moon and I (Ian Broom) have had a fantastic time at Launch48 Romania. Why has it been so good, you might ask. Well there are a couple of reasons:
- Fantastic venue and event management – the team at Eventsys know their stuff! Cristi, Oana, and Georgiana have made our stay in Romania a great experience and we thank them very much for their effort and interest in Launch48. Without their effort and knowledge, this event would not have been anywhere near as successful.
- The Launch48 attendees – right from the beginning of the event we were made to feel welcome. We didn’t speak the language, we knew little about Romania, but everyone has gone out of their way to make us feel comfortable and speak English when near us which is truly appreciated.
- The entrepreneurial spirit – Romania has, in the last couple of years, drastically improved its IT entrepreneur skills. This is primarily down to the huge efforts of the Romanian people to create events that foster and drive entrepreneurialism within Romania. From what I have seen on this trip, this has worked well and the IT and web scene is booming. I can’t wait to see what Romanian companies achieve, and for this reason I look forward to future Launch48 events in Romania.
Good luck Launch48 teams! I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your Launch48 event on Tuesday, and your presentations on Wednesday at Netcamp. Hopefully they will be recorded and posted online, because I think some of the ideas are truly inspiring and can grow to become strong businesses, and it would be great to show the rest of the world what Romania has been able to create at is first Launch48 event.
From now on we have asked Octav and the Eventsys team to take over the role of blogging and publicising the event online. Octav has been tirelessly helping Dan and I translate posts into Romanian, so I have no doubt he will do an excellent job.
December 7, 2009
Launch48 Romania is underway at the Marriott Hotel in Bucharest, Romania.
Pitching is finshed and the atmosphere is electric. More people than expected are participating and mentors are already advising teams on how to structure their teams and ideas.
A total of 20 ideas were pitched, 8 went to the second round, and 3 are being worked on. The final 3 ideas are:
- OpenCV – A CV distribution system
- Sevinde – Connecting offline flyers with an online service
- Social decision making system- Help friends to decide what to do when going out
Keep an eye on http://romania.launch48.com for regular updates from the first Romanian Launch48 event.